Each year it is out with the old & in with the new wedding cake trends.
This year’s most popular wedding cake trends is being offered by Silvia Pizzetti, owner of a top café, bakery and catering company in New York City.
According to recent industry reports several new trends are introduced each year. Here are some 2015 favorites that have returned to the scene. Such as intimate gatherings, simple elegance and less color.
• How elegant, yet simple menu choices are popular. Less is more this year.
• Why couples are opting for smaller weddings with fewer guests. And what they can expect in terms of menu options and service when going this route.
• Why tasting menus with several small, beautifully presented dishes are popular.
• Popular wedding cake trends are that tiers are back and cakes are bigger than ever.
2015 Top Wedding Cake Trends & Catering Ideas.
• Elegant, yet simple small plate menu choices are popular.
Brides and grooms wanting their guests to enjoy foods in a great variety like to offer carefully prepared, small plate menu items using locally sourced ingredients. With small plate menus, guests are able to enjoy more courses which will likely appeal to the many different tastes.
• Couples are opting for smaller weddings with fewer guests.
Less is more this year. In terms of food, guest list, décor and cake decoration. Brides and grooms are leaning towards a personalized, memorable affair that allows guest to be comfortable and welcome.
• Tasting menus with several small, beautifully presented dishes are popular. Tasting menus are big this year. They start with the cocktail hour and end with dessert. Chef Pizzetti has Italian roots, and since the trend of smaller, carefully crafted plates began in Italy and Europe, she is pleased to see this trend is growing or weddings. Tasting stations throughout the wedding reception give couples a chance to offer many different types of foods. Even if the bride prefers sweet and the groom enjoys savory.
• The year’s most popular style of wedding cakes: Tiered cakes.
The trend of tiered cakes is back and bigger than ever. One tier and cupcake cakes that were once a big trend are out. Pizzetti notes that she has seen brides opting for three or more tier cakes with simplistic color tones. Such as black, white, gold and pale pink.
While New York City has many old-school Italian-American bakeries, owner Selvaggia Pizzetti offers an authentic contemporary Italian experience. The new café and dessert bar menu includes Italian delicacies, as well as the finest quality gelato in over 30 flavors. Created by a world renowned Italian barista, its unique coffee menu offers a range from extravagant espresso cocktails to basic coffee drinks. All made with the highest quality beans from Mokito, imported from Italy exclusively to Crave.it.
Trends courtesy: Silvia Pizzetti, Owner of Crave.it .