Celebrating Earth Day ideas for green weddings.
Reduce, Reuse & Recycle for Earth Day.
Billions of people participate in Earth Day worldwide. Voicing their appreciation for the planet. Demanding its protection for the future. Encouraging individuals, organizations and governments to do their part.
Food Tank featured 20 of their favorite innovators for the 45th anniversary of Earth Day in 2015. An important opportunity to highlight solutions to some of the world’s most pressing environmental and social challenges.
On a planet in which hunger and food waste coexist. Where crops feed bio-fuels or animals despite water and food shortages. And where obesity in one country contrasts starvation in another. Solutions and innovations to help ensure a vibrant, healthy future are more important than ever.
There are countless organizations and individuals who inspire Food Tank by producing creative and innovative solutions to challenges both people and the planet face including soil degradation, loss of biodiversity, climate change, poverty, industrial agriculture practices, land ownership, and food security.
Earth Day 45th Anniversary, April 22, 2015.
Lemon Mascarpone Tarts. Yield 36 tarts.
1 16 oz. tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough.
1 pound Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Mascarpone. At room temperature.
1 12 oz. jar lemon curd.
1 pint fresh raspberries.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Slice dough into discs. ¼ to ½ inch thick. Slice each disc in half. Press pieces of dough in greased mini muffin tin. Bake for 8–10 minutes until golden color. Set aside to cool completely.
Place lemon curd in microwaveable dish. Heat until spreadable. Whisk lemon curd with mascarpone until light and airy. Assemble tarts with small cookie scoop. Fill each tart with lemon mascarpone filling. Top with a fresh raspberry.
Recipe courtesy Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics.
Earth Day Beauty & more ideas.
Sparklehearts offers 100% natural shampoo and bath products for girls.
• Little Kay Gardens offers a line of eco-friendly gift wrap that grows. The wrap can be planted to grow several wild flowers. Selections include Baby Snapdragons.
• Earth Friendly Products are eco-friendly cleaning items made in the U.S.A. The Green Story film chronicles the life of Van Vlahakis, a Greek immigrant who founded the company.
• REUSE Jeans produces denim made of 80% recycled textiles. Fashion sportswear line for men and women includes jeans and skirts.
• Nuinani based in Hawaii is an organic apparel brand line. Fashions include hand printed items for adults and kids. Also hand-woven bags and jewelry from Island designers. Five percent of all sales go directly to worldwide aid organizations.
Eco Stream promotes a green healthier lifestyle. Winnipeg Jets support a reusable limited edition bottle. On average more than 141 billion beverage cans and bottles go to landfills each year. By reducing the number it slashes the natural resources used to manufacture and distribute bottles and cans.
Earth Day tips to Reduce, Reuse & Recycle.
• KeepCup the first barista standard reusable cup.
• Vapur a portable refillable water bottle. Great for runners and athletes.
• Dr. Drip Coffee a single-serve brewing system. Ideal for campers.
• Prescott Frost Meat 100% grass fed cattle raised in Nebraska. Flavored organic meat. Perfect for grills.
• Omyst a healing herbal first-aid spray for scratches, bruises and scrapes.
Healthier Habits for Earth Day.
• Creating window decals to prevent bird crashes.
• Making planters to clean inside air.
• Bringing their own water bottle.
• Making something new out of something old.
Take It Up Earth Day pro-environmental behaviors.
• Eat and prepare plant-based foods at home.
• Drink tap water. Get water wise.
• Detox your personal care routine.
• Activate your lifestyle with outdoor unplugged activities.
Earth Day April 22 Ideas Tips for weddings.
Top Ten easy actions for the health of the environment.
1. Smart Shopping.
• Buy what you need. Not what you want.
• Rent and borrow things that are seldom needed.
• Buy used items from garage sales and second-hand stores.
2. Simple Savers.
• Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
• Use aerators on faucets and showerheads.
• Weather-strip windows and doors.
3. Transportation Alternatives.
• Walk, cycle, car pool and use public transportation.
• Reduce idling and maintain correct tire pressure when driving.
• Try car sharing programs. Renting instead of owning.
4. Food Choices.
• Choose local and organic foods that are in season.
• Support local food producers.
• Eat less meat.
5. Cleaning Clothes.
• Wash full loads in cold water.
• Hang to air dry.
6. Earth Day Heating and cooling tips.
• Set your air conditioner to 24°C or 75.2 F in the summer.
• Set your furnace to 19°C or 66.2 F in the winter.
• Install ceiling fans and programmable thermostats.
7. Close to Home.
• Vacation, travel and work as close to home as possible.
8. Bathroom Basics.
• Take short showers instead of baths.
• Close water taps while brushing your teeth.
9. Careful Cleaning.
• Choose natural non-toxic cleaning products.
• Make simple natural cleaners. With ingredients like vinegar, baking soda and water.
10. Don’t Discard.
• Donate reuse and recycle items. Before throwing them into the trash.
• Take harmful materials to local hazardous waste depots or recyclers. Like chemicals, batteries and electronics.