New cosmetic tattoo shop The Good Geisha opens in Toronto’s Chinatown.
If you are thinking of having cosmetic tattoo makeup done for your eyebrows, eyeliners or lips, take a look at the tips The Good Geisha specialists have put together for brides.
The two cosmetic tattoo specialists, Amber Gotzmieter and Anna Chow opened their shop in Toronto Canada recently. Before you decide to have cosmetic tattoo makeup done, you can learn more about the procedures and trends at their shop or on their website. They mentioned that the Kardashian eyebrow is currently trending. Just remember that’s what the celebrity look is, a trend.
Here are some cosmetic tattoo tips for brides to be.
Cosmetic Tattooing is a procedure in which pigment is implanted into the dermal layer of the skin. There are many different applications from eyebrows, eyeliners, lips and many para-medical applications. The procedure is lasting but an exact length of time varies due to differing factors. Such as, but not limited to an individual’s skin type and their lifestyle.
Some helpful tips to ask when looking into the procedure:
1. When selecting an artist, ask how long they spent in their training course? You want to ensure the artist has qualified at a credible training course (2-3 days courses are insufficient for proper training). Ask to see a portfolio of before and afters, as well as healed results.
2. Ask about the artist’s sanitation and sterilization process. Make sure all tools used are 100% disposable. Don’t be afraid to visit the facility to ensure you are having a safe procedure. Are they Bloodbourne Pathogen Certified?
3. Trendy makeup designs do not make good cosmetic tattoos. Take the artists advice when deciding on the design of your tattoo. They know best how to create the look you’re going for without going overboard. And potentially giving you something you may regret in a few years. When trying to achieve a glamorous look for a wedding, topical makeup may be easily applied over the tattoo for a preferred look on the day of. This will have no impact to the existing tattoo.
4. Tattoos take at least 2 weeks to heal depending on the individual. When booking an appointment, be sure to account for healing time before your wedding event.
5. Allow your eyebrows grow untouched for a few weeks before coming to your procedure appointment. This allows the artist to incorporate your natural hair into the tattoo to create the most realistic looking set of eyebrows for your big day!
Cosmetic tattoo is a growing trend that is not only for women, but is increasingly becoming popular with men as well. It is a procedure that often helps to cover scars as well. And on a side note, on July 17th the tattoo culture and artists celebrate National Tattoo Day.