16 engaged couples won an amazing destination Bahamas wedding in the romantic Islands of The Bahamas.
NASSAU, THE BAHAMAS – If you were engaged, and looking for a destination wedding location, The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism announced its “16 Weddings Invitation” promotion for Canadians. The 16 weddings took place on November 16, 2016, 4pm, simultaneously at 16 different Bahamian locations on 14 of the country’s many islands.
The contest invited engaged couples in Canada to select one of sixteen locations within The Islands of The Bahamas for their dream wedding. They were encouraged to creatively incorporate something that is distinct and indigenous to the islands into their wedding ceremony using a suggested wedding theme from the provided list. Contestants then uploaded photos and/or a short video to www.bahamas16weddings.com. Along with describing their wedding and why they should be selected to win. Semi-finalists were selected by a panel of judges. And posted on the site for consumers to vote via social media for the most creative entries. The 16 contestants with the most votes formed the winning group of couples who were married in The Islands Of The Bahamas.
The winners knew that The Bahamas is known as the premier destination in the region for romance. And besides weddings it includes honeymoons, vow renewals and romantic escapes. As The Islands of the Bahamas received the World Travel Award as World’s Leading Wedding Destination 2015. In addition to this, the trip highlights were the diversity, beauty, charm and distinct characters, flavors and cultures of each of the 16 distinct wedding locations. It provided an opportunity for 16 newly engaged couples to receive a complimentary dream destination wedding on their host, The Bahamas.
The winning Canadian couples also received complimentary round trip airline tickets from their respective towns to The Bahamas. As well as, hotel accommodations including meals for a minimum of five nights. Each hotel also included the ceremony, cake, flowers and a personal wedding coordinator for each couple.
The winners were announced on June 16, 2016.
The Bahamas Wedding Locations, Themes and Hotels are listed below. Check out the Island map on the contest site to help you choose your destination and theme.
• Abaco in Elbow Cay, Hope Town theme is You Light Up My Life. Stay is at the Hope Town Harbour Lodge.
• Abaco in Marsh Harbour theme is Nautical Love. Stay is at the Abaco Beach Resort & Boat Harbour.
• Andros theme is Love in the Deep Blue Sea. Stay is at the Tiamo Resort.
• Bimini theme is Lost in your Embrace. Stay is at the Bimini Bay Resort.
• Cat Island theme is Mystical Love. Stay is at the Fernandez Bay Resort.
• Crooked Island theme is Seashell Beauty. Stay is at Tranquility Bay.
• Eleuthera theme is Barefoot Lovers’ Bliss. Stay is at The Cove Eleuthera.
• Harbour Island theme is Pink Sand Paradise. Stay is at the Valentine’s Resort.
• Exuma theme is Seaside Serenade. Stay is at February Point.
• Grand Bahama Island theme is Enchanted Encounter. Stay is at Memories Resort Freeport.
• Grand Bahama Island theme is Grand Romance. Stay is at Old Bahama Bay (West End).
• Inagua theme is Birds of Paradise. Stay is at Enrica’s Inn & Guest House.
• Long Island theme is Tropical Dream. Stay is at Cape Santa Maria.
• Nassau theme theme is Royal Bliss. Wedding is at the Sapodilla Restaurant. Stay is at the Atlantis Hotel.
• Paradise Island theme is Colour Me with Love. Stay is at the Atlantis Hotel.
• San Salvador theme is Landfall Elegance. Stay is at the Riding Rock Resort.
About The Islands Of The Bahamas.
The Islands Of The Bahamas (BMOT) have a place in the sun for everyone from Nassau and Paradise Island to Grand Bahama to The Abaco Islands, The Exuma Islands, Harbour Island, Long Island and others. Each island has its own personality and attractions for a variety of vacation styles. With some of the world’s best scuba diving, fishing, sailing, boating, as well as, shopping and dining. The destination offers an easily accessible tropical getaway and provides convenience for travelers with pre-clearance through U.S. customs and immigration. The Bahamian dollar is on par with the U.S. dollar. As they say, do everything or do nothing, just remember It’s Better in The Bahamas. For more information on travel packages, activities and accommodations call 1-800-Bahamas or visit www.Bahamas.com. Look for The Bahamas on the web on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.